The Geography department at Pontypridd High School offers:
- An engaging and varied curriculum across all key stages
- Good uptake of pupils at KS3, KS4 and KS5
- Consistently excellent results
- A range of exciting field trips
- Invaluable experience and qualifications for a wide range of future careers
- A well-resourced department suited to all types of learners
- Close links with WJEC examining board which helps to support the GCSE and A level teaching
Geography is a broad and diverse subject that gives you a deep understanding of the world around us. It is central to the key issues facing societies and seeks to explain the relationships between events and their impact, both locally and worldwide. By understanding these relationships, and drawing on historical experiences, the skills gained by studying Geography help prepare you for a career where you can shape our global future.
Our schemes of work will give you the ability to better understand the world, as well as the knowledge and skills to understand and decide upon solutions for the future. We will inspire in you an interest and enthusiasm in geography that will shape your life and careers well beyond school.
As well as building on familiar aspects of the physical and social world, such as the environment, population change and resource management, you’ll consider the critical global issues and challenges of the 21st century which are likely to affect environments and societies in the coming years.
Teacher/Leader of Learning
|Katie Pritchard||Teacher/Standards Manager for EFSM & Year 7 and 8|
Key Stage 3 (Years 7, 8 and 9)
- Geography of Wales and Tourism in Wales
- Weather and climate
- River processes and landforms
- OS map skills
- Tropical Rainforests
- Volcanoes and Earthquakes
Key Stage 4 (Years 10 and 11) GCSE Option