Mrs Kayleigh Oliver - Standards Manager - Year 13
Mr Rhys Ivins - Standards Manager - Year 12
Miss Carla Stickler - MAT Co-Ordinator
Mrs Deborah Panes - Attendance & Wellbeing Officer
We are proud to be able to offer you one of the most comprehensive subject offers of any Sixth Form provision in Rhondda Cynon Taff and we are constantly expanding to ensure we meet the demands of our students.
Being a Sixth Form across two schools, we offer you some unique features. You will experience the benefits of being one of over 300 students studying with the consortium at one time whilst also benefiting from the security and support of a caring and supportive environment in your home school. We look forward to welcoming you to study at Sixth Form.
The best education of today for the successes of tomorrow
The Sixth Form is commited to ensuring that every one of you achieves your goals. We will set the highest standards and expectations for academic success in your chosen qualifications and provide a supportive, exciting and purposeful environment for you to develop the broad range of wider skills needed for a successful future.
You will be supported by specialied and experienced staff throughout your Sixth Form journey; from initial course choices through to University applications and career advice. The Sixth Form staff pride themselves on their care of the whole pupil and offer expert pastoral as well as subject specific and career guidance.
- Form tutors will provide subject mentoring as well as personalised pastoral support
- Close tracking and monitoring of progress will ensure that you reach your full potential in every subject
- The Sixth Form will keep your parents involved in your progress through regular reports, parents evenings and by ensuring staff are always available to answer and queries or concerns
- Counselling and mentoring services will be available to provide advice and help with the challenges of Sixth Form study and the transition to your adult life
- Individual learning needs will be met through the Learning Support Department
The Sixth Form is the combination of Hawthorn High School and Pontypridd High School. Both sites offer a wide range of excellent facilities:
- State of the art recording and drama studios
- Learning Resource Centres and supervised study areas to promote private study and independent learning
- Dedicated Sixth Form ICT suites with access to the latest technologies
- Well-equipped technology workshops and science laboratories
- Comfortable common rooms
- Superb sporting facilities including; swimming pool, playing fields, Astro Turf pitch and gym
The Sixth Form team will be on hand to guide you through some of the practical challenges and responsibilities of life in the Sixth Form.
Entry requirements will vary depending on individual circumstances and course choices and the Sixth Form aims to be open to everyone, whether studying 2 year A-level courses or shorter vocational courses but talk to your teachers if you have any specific queries.
Applying to Sixth Form
Making the choice about where to continue your studies after year 11 is an important decision. It can often be quite complicated as there as so many options for you to consider.
We are delighted that Pontypridd High School Sixth Form is one of your options for further education. Our Sixth Form has a rich and proud history and is an important part of our school. I know that the talented pupils we have at Pontypridd High will ensure that this tradition continues.
The Sixth Form is a vibrant community that prides itself on an inclusive and positive approach to personal development. Our expectations of our pupils are high and we look for prospective pupils who have good attendance, punctuality and behaviour records and a positive work ethic.
Our Sixth Form open day takes place early in the Spring Term.
If you would like to apply to join our Sixth Form please contact Mrs. Deborah Panes at email@example.com for more information.