Sport and staying healthy plays a prominent role in the life of all at Pontypridd High School.
Our pupils are given the opportunity to excel in a variety of sports or simply participate in a range of activities at a level that suits their needs and ability. In addition to the PE curriculum, there is a full programme of sporting fixtures organised and a range of activities for those not involved in representing the school.
We have a great tradition of sporting success at local, regional, national and international level in many different sports. Through the dedication of our pupils and staff, we have had many students who have gained international sporting honours. We are extremely proud that the following pupils from Pontypridd High School are representing Wales and have international honours.
Mr. A. Thomas (Head of Physical Education)
(From left to right in the photograph)
- Brandon Mullen – East Wales Rugby League
- Mali Griffiths – Welsh Basketball
- Ben Gooding – Wales Canoe Water Polo
- Dylan Emery – Wales Snooker
- Jordan Thomas – Wales Darts (ranked 2nd in Wales)
- Dafydd Griffiths – Welsh Basketball
- Milly Watts – Under 17s Welsh Netball
- Sophie Norman – Wales Football
- Jasmine Simpson – Wales Football
- Dan Williams – Welsh Basketball